Flower Funeral Home is proud of the three generations of funeral directors who have not only worked to help the families they have had the privilege of serving, but have also contributed to their community.
Louis J. Flower
(Died December 22, 1955) led the founding of St. Ann’s Parish in Dunwoodie section of Yonkers, NY with the help of Bishop Joseph Pernicone.
He was also the founder of the Yonk-Heers Athletic and Social Club which is still active today.
His son Anthony J. Flower (2nd Generation)
NYS Licensed Funeral Director
The Elks Club and at one time was the youngest exalted ruler in the nation.
Knights of Columbus, 4th degree member
Exchange Clubs, past New York State district director.
Yonkers Chamber of Commerce.
Served on the board of the United Givers Fund. East Yonkers Rotary club.
January 31, 2005 Received a Doctor of Philosophy in Funeral Service Education from the National Academy of Mortuary Science.
Mark A. Flower (3rd Generation)
* NYS Licensed Funeral Director
* Attended St. John’s University and Concordia College Bronxville
* Graduate of American Academy McAllister Institute
* Started his career as an accomplished Photographer
In 1996 he was the youngest photographer to win the Prestigious New York Press
Award in Manhattan beating Newspapers; N.Y. Times, Daily News, News-Day,
NY Post and Gannett Newspapers.
The Associated Press, Gannett Newspapers, Concordia College,
Sarah Lawrence College both in Bronxville, as well as various Private and Celebrity Functions.
* Photographs for Book “Becoming O’Keefe “ by Sarah Whitaker Peters , Random House publisher
* Was Treasurer of “Work-Link” a non-profit that put people with disabilities to work. Awarded Non-profit of the Year By New York State.
* Lectured at Manhattan College in Riverdale a “Death and Dying” class.
* Specializes in Restorative Art (over 99% of our closed cases are left open)
Flower Funeral Home has also given tours of their funeral home to colleges in the area.
They are also featured in a US Department of labor website on what it’s like to be an embalmer.
or click on here and go to embalmer